Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I Have Too Little Faith to Believe in Evolution

Here's the truth about me: I have too little faith to believe in evolution. Here are some reasons why.


1.Some might tell you that creationism is not "logical" or that it takes a lot of faith to believe that and omnipotent being created everything. But I find the exact opposite is true. Many of the accounts in the Bible have actually been scientifically proven. Do you remember the Bible story where the Israelite army had to fight the Amorites, and God set the sun still so they could finish the battle? If not, here's the passage:

Joshua 10:12-14New International Version (NIV)

12 On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:
“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
    and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
    and the moon stopped,
    till the nation avenged itself on[a] its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!
Anyhow, this was actually discovered by scientists! They found that a day was missing in the earth's rotation, and they couldn't figure out why. Well, a Christian scientist was among them, and he  vaguely remembered this story.  He looked it up, and found this story in his Bible. How is that possible if the Bible is so inaccurate? How was it possible to know that? How is that possible without some greater being?


2.I have too little faith too believe that everything you see, everything you touch, everything you hear, everything you smell, everything you taste, just happened by accident, and then evolved into what it is today. 

It is far easier to believe that God created everything rather than everything just... existing, out of the blue.

3. I have too little faith to believe that my moral compass is just there. Without any spiritual guidance, how would I know that killing is wrong, that lying and stealing and raping are bad things to do? Naturally, my parents would teach me this, but how would the first people know? 

4.I have too little faith to believe that feelings are an accident. Animals don't have emotions the way we humans do. How do these complex feelings and emotions evolve into what they are today? Animals don't feel love, rather they feel devotion. How can love be explained by evolution?

All in all, it is because of my lack of faith in man and his discoveries that I find a faith in God and His works. Humanity is flawed, but God isn't. I choose to believe in God than mere faulted, sinful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment