Monday, August 22, 2016

For He Knows the Plans He has for Me

This morning I woke up with the realization that this was the first day of my last year of school at home. I have been homeschooled since the beginning, so this imminent change is both thrilling and overwhelming (scary). I will be going to college next fall, with students and teachers and textbooks and exams. I'm not certain why I'm a tad freaked out, but I just am.


Logically, I've got nothing to be concerned about because I still will be living at home, and honestly, I am a pretty social person! The classes that I will take will take as far as my imagination and determination will allow, and finances aren't really an issue.

The long and the short of it is that I shouldn't be worried about what happens. God has my back, and I trust that He won't let me down.


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
                                                             Jeremiah 29: 11-13
So my plan for this final school year? I'm going to savor every day that I have with my mom and brother. I'm going to work as hard as I can pulling down the best grade I can. I'm going to make memories, and prepare myself for next year. God's got me, and He's got plans for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment