Saturday, June 18, 2016

A Thanks to My Father

Last month, I wrote about what my mother means to me. But now with Father's Day fast approaching, I think it only appropriate to share how thankful I am for my daddy.

Thank you Dad:

For being a great father to me.

For loving me even when I didn't like myself very much.

For showing me what a godly guy looks like.

For giving me an idea what I'd like my future husband to be.

For spending all that time on the range with me.

For not giving up on me even when I'd given up on myself.

For encouraging me.

For being my cheerleader.

For showing me that I could do anything if I just set my mind to it.

For driving me four hours to matches, and then taking me to Chinese.

For making me laugh hysterically.

For all those Star Trek episodes we've watched to gether.

For sponsoring me emotionally and financially.

For providing me with everything I need and want, except for one, so I always have something to stride for.

For laughing at my crazy antics.

For enjoying the good and not-so good cookies I have made (or attempted to make).

For not babying me, and showing how the real world is.

For letting me find my own way in life, but also having the wisdom to let me know when I'd gone astray.

For being there for me when I'd needed you most.

I love you, Daddy!

- Tootie


No comments:

Post a Comment