Saturday, December 20, 2014

Peace On Earth, Goodwill Toward Men

Something we always do during the Christmas Season is watch Christmas movies and go to this place called James Street. James Street is a little strip, and a requirement of living there is that you must decorate you house in Christmas lights. It is nothing short of fantastic! There are not as many houses decorated as there used to be, but it still is beautiful.

I have many favorite Christmas movies but I think my favorite would have to be A Charlie Brown Christmas. I love when Linus quotes the Christmas story and the Christmas tree, post- decorate. I love the tradition.

Another few of my favorite Christmas movies are How the Grinch Stole Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, Rudolf the Red- Nosed Reindeer, and While You Were Sleeping.
I love when  the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day. I  love when George Bailey comes back and embraces his wife and kids. I love when the Abominable Snowman puts up the star. I love when Lucy drops the tree through her landlords window ( I love that scene more than I should!).

Our church has the most amazing candlelight service on Christmas Eve and we sing Silent Night and the whole church is lit up in candles. Then we go home, Mom makes chicken fettuccine alfredo. We open present while we eat Jesus' birthday cake. On Christmas morning Mom and I walk through the silent streets downtown. Ah, this is Christmas for our family.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. While you are opening your gifts, please remember that you already have been given the perfect gift, Jesus Christ.

 Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment